Connie Finestone served as the part-time, contract Company Secretary for the Institute of Professional Editors (IPEd). In this role, she works collaboratively with the IPed Council and CEO. Her responsibilities included:
- Managed all statutory obligations for IPEd in accordance with Corporations Law,
relevant clauses of the IPEd Constitution and IPEd policies,
- Provided advice and guidance to Council, committees and national staff on regulatory,
employment, Councillor roles, superannuation and insurance matters
- Assisted with planning for the annual AGM process including all governance procedures,
notices, agendas, financials and reporting.
- Managed the annual Member, Council and ASIC reporting requirements and maintained
the ASIC register.
- Provided advice on governance structures and systems to assist with best practice
management of the organisation.
- Prepared and provide a Program of Work for the organisation to follow to facilitate
best practice governance.
- Oversaw the development, maintenance and review of IPEd governance policies, procedures
- Managed IPEd’s meetings calendar and prepared all materials for Council Meetings,
including Agendas, Reports, Action Lists and Minutes.
- Provided advice on induction programs for Councillors and assist with succession
planning as needed.
- Prepared a comprehensive Risk Framework for the organisation.